Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cargo Drop for Freeform Festival - Construction has begun!

Construction of the Cargo Drop box for Freeform Festival has begun.  We got a $500 grant to bring our Cargo Drop puppet theater to Freeform Festival in NJ.  I was fortunate to be able to get most all of the wood that I've used so far for free.  I used some scrap from friends, and my landlord donated a bunch of lumber.  I started by constructing the interior frame, and each wall will be built separately so they can be transported easily.  The interior frame will be assembled on site.  I still need to finish this one wall, and build 3 more walls, and add head hole doors.  Also, the Great Quentini gave me about 12 puppets to choose from for the interior of our project.  Things are coming along!






The other 3 sides will have walls like this.  The puppets will be attached to the inside of the wall, and a head-flap will be installed to blend in with the box's walls, but reveal the puppet theater inside.

1 comment: